WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

P&C Real Life Party: Back to School

>> Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dawn of "Not Just a Mommy" fame, used our Back to School Printables to throw one final bash before jumping for joy her precious children went back to school. How did she do it you ask? Well, careful planning, tons of inspiration, and a helpful little voice inside her head. Read her full post here, or browse the Cliff's Notes version below...

~ ~ ~


Back to School Bash 2010

It came, it went, it was awesome. Our last hurrah for the summer, our annual Back To School Bash. It's really just a glorified playdate with friends we didn't get a chance to spend alot of time with. My boys are apparently in high demand and should quit school altogether and just be socialites.

I couldn't wait to share the pix, it was so much fun to put together. I have a Favorites folder full of inspiration and I wanted to use them all, but alas there was just no room.





Must every party include paper straws? That's a big 10-4 good buddy! And what, you say, is that runner made of? Why yes, it is real chalkboard cloth. No one believed me that it was, but I found it at Jo-Ann's, it comes on a bolt just like any cloth. I've had it for awhile with big dreams of putting a ribbon edging on it and make it an 'official' runner, but eh.

And since we all know the trick to an appealing table is having different heights, I figured nothing would be more appropriate than using some of our favorites books.



And double shout-outs to Paper & Cake, I used their too-fun Back To School collection for my water bottle wraps, veggie fries containers and labels for the applesauce cups. They had so much stuff that comes with the download, but I just couldn't use it all. I was having a hard time reeling in the crazy and I had to draw the line.

I was going to make strips from their printed paper to wrap the sandwiches in, but that little voice in my head (which is getting littler by the day) said 'STOP. STEP BACK FROM THE PRINTER AND DROP THE SCISSORS, YOU ARE INSANE'. So I put it under them instead.






How could I not have Trader Joe's Schoolbook Cookies and alphabet tater-tots? The bags in the back were serving double duty as decor and favors. I wanted to have the flash card match with each guest's name, but we had 3 T names, so not everyone could. See how the crazy doesn't stop?






We asked each guest to bring a gently loved book for a book swap, which is a great way to get a new book or two without buying anything. I wanted to read Countdown To Kindergarten since several friends are starting this year, and it's the little one's fav, but alas, time flies when you're having fun!

Thanks again ladies for another great kickoff to the new school year!

7 comments:

Leslie September 16, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

"I was having a hard time reeling in the crazy"

I seem to have that problem with every party I throw!

Everything is adorable. Love the apple cupcakes and especially the chalkboard fabric!

testing 1 September 16, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

EEK! I'm squeaking! I'm such a big fan of yours and to have a full post just for me is just too much! Thank you, thank you!

Kristy {the purple pug} September 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Ridiculously cute party, Dawn. I love every detail about it:) Paper and Cake girls-RULE. Such a clever and awesome little rave. Congrats to you all:)

Kate @ The Gaines Gang September 16, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Great Ideas....
Thanks so much for sharing!!!

...Live.Love.MakeUp... September 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

WOW! Amazing! Everything looks awesome! :)

http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

Karen Beck October 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

Such a great party! You did a wonderful job! I love the chocolate pretzel crayons- how did you do them? Where did you get the labels from?

Thanks!

Karen

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers