WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

P&C Real Life Party: Fabulous Flower Birthday

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

Katie, of Katie's Nesting Spot has the craftiest blog in town, it's no wonder she put together the most creative 4th birthday party using our Fabulous Flowers printable party! Just look at these party favors!

Here is what she had to say...

• • • • •

Beach Bucket Party Favors

ER's 4th birthday is this week and I've been busily working on her party decorations and party favors. We're having a Backyard Fun theme and earlier I shared the digital invitation I created. I planned on creating some more fun things with the same digital kit, but to be honest I'd been kind of procrastinating on getting started with that.


For once it paid off! Last week I found out I won a giveaway for three printable parties from Paper & Cake, on Kendra's blog My Insanity. Their Fabulous Flowers Printable Birthday Party coordinated perfectly with the colors of my original invitation and went well with the beach buckets I'd already purchased for party favors.





Each guest's name was painted on a shovel and bucket set I got for $1 each at Michaels. I used my Cricut to print their names out on contact paper, creating a stencil. Thanks to Tiff at Making the World Cuter, for that little tip!




Then I wrapped up some sidewalk chalk sticks in cellophane bags. It's all tied up with ribbon and the Food Party Labels from the Fabulous Flowers Printable Party, backed with cardstock. While they're meant to use with food, they are perfect for all sorts of labeling purposes.




It's easy to add your own description to and personalize for your party. See how I also used them as seals? Just changed the text and printed onto a full sheet of sticker paper. To cut down on time I punched these out with my 2 inch scalloped circle punch, but plan on investing in a circle 2 inch punch. I have two more awesome Paper & Cake printable parties, and I know a new punch would make assembly time fly by.

One of our party crafts, is to decorate a foam frame. I got a big package of summery themed self stick foamies and divided them up by how many guests we're having. I used to organized classroom party activities this way. The kids like getting their own little package and then there's no fighting over supplies. Plus it's easier for parent volunteers, who aren't always used to working with a bunch of eager kids. My friend is helping me with the crafts and I think she'll appreciate this a lot.




The Napkin Rings, Candle Wraps or Vase Wraps from the printable party, I used to wrap the bottles of bubbles included in the favor bucket. I had trouble getting all the sticky adhesive from the original labels off, even after soaking and using GooGone there was still residue. So I also wrapped them with paper from the dollar section at Target.




The last part of our coordinated favor is this adorable snack box! Also easy to customize, I added ER's name to the other side. We put a few of sweet treats in each and wrapped everything in a bag so nothing will fall out. You can get the snack box for free and see a tutorial on how to assemble it on Paper & Cake's blog.




Here it all is inside one of the 12 buckets I painted, along with a mini multi-colored pinwheel. I hope the kids love them! I'll share more of the Fabulous Flower Printable Party and how we used in, after we have the party. It's been a great time saver for me, giving me shortcuts to personalize ER's party and so easy to use.





UPDATE: Head on over to Katie's Nesting Spot to see photos of the birthday girl and her cupcakes!

3 comments:

Jessica July 29, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

That is so creative!! My son's 8th bday is in August. I need to find someone crafty to copy!!

Silly Sally July 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

I love using a paper label to make anything from bubbles to water bottles more personal. Try putting a picture of the birthday boy or girl on the label to make it even more special! For more ideas on how to make a great party check out our blog!
http://sillysallysevents.blogspot.com/

Katie August 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Thank you so so much for featuring my party favors☺ You have amazing kits and I enjoyed using Fabulous Flowers to create an unforgetable 4th birthday party. The ease and convenience of them can't be beat!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers