WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

Guest {Cousin} Krista: Birthday in the Park

>> Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For my son's second birthday we decided to hold his party at a local park - there are two play structures (one geared toward smaller kids and one for the bigger ones), lots of grass to run in, and a nice covered area with picnic tables. I also love that a park party is easy to clean up, and can be held rather inexpensively!



 

Toys we brought: buckets/shovels/trucks to play with in the sand and some soccer balls and frisbees.

Food: pizza, goldfish crackers, chips/salsa, soda, juice and cupcakes






Activities: the park! I also bought some beads on clearance at Michael's (50 cents for a package, and I bought 8 packages) and found some ribbon in the dollar section at Target for the kids to make necklaces if they wanted to.

Favors: I found these cute little pails in Target's dollar section on clearance - so they were 50 cents each! I added a little package of fruit snacks, some small bubbles (from Party City), and a squirt toy ($1 for 5 in Target's dollar section). The favors cost me about $1 per child.







Decorations: I do so love Paper & Cake's printable banners and cupcake picks. Add some balloons, colored table cloths and crepe paper and the park looks festive! I also made two cupcake stands since I didn't want to drag my nice glass one to the park - I found some plates and bowls ($2 for 4 of each) and hot glued an upside-down bowl to the plate. Easy and cheap! I also found the little plastic tubs for the kids' drinks in the Target dollar section. I tend to wander through there each time I go to Target, just in case they have something I can use for a future party.







The birthday boy's shirt came from a friend who custom made it.




Discover more about Krista, at Krista Lucas Photography.

1 comments:

...Live.Love.MakeUp... November 16, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

How nice. Thanks so much for this post, sooooo helpful. i am planning my son's 2nd birthday around January at a local park too. Very helpful in what I can do. THANKS!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers