WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

Paper Gingerbread House

>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010



I couldn't help myself. My daughter asked me if we could make one - and once I started I couldn't stop! Even my mom worked on it, see the smoke coming out of the chimney? All her idea. Can you even stand it?

Even if you are thinking, "what if it's too complicated?" it's not. Just print out the template for the house, and glue it to a cut open brown paper bag - I used one from Trader Joes. Cut, score, fold, tape. All the little bits and pieces - candy roof, trees, doors and windows - are really fun to work on assembling, do this together with the kids. My daughter had a blast! See those beads? They were her idea, and she even glued them all on.






Everything you see on the house is included in the printable pdf, ready to go for a rainy day, a snowy day, even for Christmas eve to entertain the guests while they wait for presents.


Gingerbread House template
Doors and Windows
Chimney and Smoke
Candy Trees
Wreath
Tiny Holiday Signs
Snow
Candy Cane Picket Fence
Peppermint Candy Roof decor
House Columns
Full Patterned sheet
Step by Step instructions
The glitter, beads and imagination are all up to you.

7 comments:

Unknown December 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

Im making it!! Thank you!

Unknown December 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

this is SO cute-I can see a whole town of these adorable little houses!

abigail @ Paper and Cake December 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

thanks ladies :)

I can't wait to see photos of how YOUR houses turn out... hint hint!

JC's Loft December 1, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Now this is my kind of gingerbread house! No baking required, sweet : )

Paula

Lauren @ Crave. Indulge. Satisfy. December 5, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

This is too cute, love the paper idea, not nearly as messy as the icing and candy versions!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang December 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Love,love,love,love,love this!

My kiddos will have a blast with this project.

Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers