WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

P&C Real Life Party: Pink Polka Dots

>> Friday, January 28, 2011

My sister Melia is one of my biggest supporters... She has been printing, cutting and party-ing with Paper & Cake since day one. This newly pregnant (CONGRATULATIONS!) mom of 2 recently put together a spectacular party for her daughter's 7th birthday using our Pink Polka Dot printable party. Here is what she had to say...

~ ~ ~





Crystal’s 7th Birthday Party

For Crystal’s Birthday Party, she decided to have a Spa theme. I racked my brain for what this would entail. Then I hit the dollar section at Target and the party started coming together. In the dollar section, I picked up sleep masks with fun girly designs and a dual pack of nail polishes (so sad, I forgot to take pictures of the gift bags that we created with these).


The Decorations
So, I had the gift bags created...now it came down to what the party look would like. Thank goodness, I have the most creative sister who has a printable party business. I picked up her pink circle designs and went to town.



Here is a picture of my dining room table turned into party creation central. 
I cut out a ton of circles, which turned into the cutest decorations.








The Activities
Make your own Bath Salts - (which I didn’t take pictures of) This ended up being a huge hit at the party. Each girl got a container (thanks Ziploc plastic containers with screw on lids) and put two scoops of Epsom salt and one scoop of course salt and a couple drops of scented oil (lavender). If you choose to do a craft like this....ONLY DO ONE SCENT....my house smelled like lavender for days. Thankfully I love lavender. After mixing up the salts and scent, each girl customized their bath salts with food coloring.  I wrote each girl’s name on their container and they added them to their gift bags.  It made a great take home present for each girl.

Nail Painting – Each girl got to pick her own color and/or pattern. Some kids stuck to one color, others went for a different color on each nail. It was quite fun to see what they ended up choosing.





Photo Booth Wall – In my brilliance, I decided to decorate the photo booth wall with colorful post its. This sounded like a great idea until we were about half way through the entire wall an hour later. In hindsight I should have just used some of the great full page designs in the paper pack.  The wall, however, came out great. The girls had a great time posing for pictures.






The Cake
And last but not least, I decided to let the girls decorate their own birthday cupcakes. I baked a batch of vanilla cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes, along with chocolate icing and vanilla icing. I then pulled out every bottle of cake sprinkles I had. I have to confess I had quite the number of bottles. In the next pictures you can see the kids going to town on the cupcakes. They had a blast.








The Wrap Up
After the all of the fun, we got the girls together for a group picture. It ended up being one of my favorite parties.





As you can see, the girls had the best time.


1 comments:

Bellenza Wedding Bistro January 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

Wow, an interactive party is just the best for kids that age! You did a wonderful job...just see their beaming faces!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers