WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

Summer Projects

>> Thursday, July 7, 2011



With summer well underway, and not a camp in sight, what's a mom to do but call in reinforcements? My reinforcement is named "Aunt Janet" - or shall I call her "Super Aunt Janet"?

This is my mom's younger sister, a woman who taught middle school art for 25 years. She taught me how to sew when I was in kindergarten - and has been teaching my daughter the same skills since she was four.

I seriously could go on and on - about the quilts that she helped me make for raffle at my annual 50 Mile MS Walk, about how she actually spends her free time traveling around the world, about what a supportive and involved aunt she has been to me - but it might be time to go back to school before I'm finished.

So when she emailed last week that she had purchased a cute little dress pattern, and that we should come over to swim and sew, we jumped at the chance.




My daughter was able to cut all the pieces, and begin the stitching before we had to swim and have ice cream - it was so hot out! I'll be sure to keep you updated on her progress. Thank goodness for Aunt Janet.

2 comments:

Unknown July 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

how nice. Your lucky to have such a great family.

Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great day.

Unknown July 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

love. and i love the print, too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers