WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

Wonderlanida Week ~ I am Exhausted

>> Monday, August 8, 2011



It all started with an email from Hostess with the Mostess. It seems as though Jenn (founder and editor-in-chief) wanted little old me to design one of 5 featured themed tablescapes for her oh-so-fab launch party in San Diego this past weekend.

ME? um, yes please!

She gave me the task of designing the "Kids Birthday" table, and other than asking me to work in the "Spirit of Wonderlandia" and to use a general color palette, gave me free rein to go crazy. I'll be honest with you, I was feeling completely over my head. And why wouldn't I? The other designers doing the other 4 tables are really creative people - I mean, have you seen these ladies? The Special Day, Events by Heather Ham, Jesi Haack Design and A Subtle Revelry.

After getting over the initial shock of it all, I put my glasses on, opened up a new browser window, and emailed my friend Amy. It did take a couple of days to figure out exactly what my theme would be, I mean I couldn't just put some fairies on it and call it a day, could I?

So here is your sneak peak, at my table - the perfect birthday party for a little girl with a compass, a spyglass and a wild imagination...



"Imagine a Journey..." my expedition to Wonderlandia.


Don't worry, I will have all the scoop and a bunch of photos of the table and the event. It was super fun, stop by tomorrow for more!

7 comments:

Unknown August 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

ahhh! that is so awesome!! i can't wait to see the rest of the table pictures!!

Unknown August 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM  

seriously. awesome. and fun!!

Michelle August 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

Your tablescape was FABULOUS! So glad I got to see it in person!!
-Michelle/I DO invitations by michelle

www.gallamorewest.com August 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

I'm thrilled that I got to see it in person. I LOVED your tablescape!! Every detail was perfect!!
Laurie @ Gallamore West

Pera Chapita August 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

Your table was my favorite! what an imagination indeed! Looked amazing in person, so many details, congratulations! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers