WE'VE MOVED. . . come on over to our new website and blog!

Why I Walk

>> Tuesday, July 12, 2011



If you are new around here, you haven't heard me go on and on about Multiple Sclerosis. You haven't heard me talk endlessly about a cure, and that they better find one - soon. For the past seven years, I have participated in the Southern California 50 Mile MS Challenge Walk. I walk for and with my oldest and dearest friend Rita - we met in 7th grade, and she is the reason I met my husband.

So this September 23, 24 and 25, 2011, I will walk 50 more miles in support of Multiple Sclerosis. I will also recognize the number ten.

Ten years ago, my dear friend Rita was diagnosed with MS. Ten years ago marks the inaugural 50 Mile MS Challenge Walk. Ten years ago, Rita and I decided to make a difference.

In signing up for the walk again this year, it was not only because Rita asked me to, it is in celebration of my friendship with her, her never ending energy, and her commitment to making a difference. It is not the first time Rita has asked me to join her in this Walk, and I am almost certain it will not be the last.




On this 10 year anniversary of the Walk, I know I will see that MS is not a limitation, it is not negativity, it cannot stifle enthusiasm, it does not diminish an adventurous spirit and it will provide me with some of the greatest memories of my life.

On September 23, 2011, I will join others in taking thousands of steps from Carlsbad to San Diego, each of us making a difference, each of us walking to support research efforts in ending Multiple Sclerosis.

This year in celebration of the anniversary of meeting up with my Walk friends, Paper & Cake will match your donations. That's right, if you feel so inclined to donate - I will write a check along with you.

Please give if you are moved to do so, and thank you for your generosity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Paper & Cake

Followers